Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Very Good but No Good

At the end of the day I made too many mistakes to be successful in the Monday (Tuesday) Qualifier for this week's Nationwide Tour event in College Park, MD. I had five (yeah, that's right, 5!) penalty shots today, but executed beautifully other than that and fired a three-under-par score of 69 at Northwest Golf Course. Unfortunately, there was a playoff for the final qualifying spots at 68, and I was left on the outside.

My round today was impressive. I feel like I'm swinging great, and I really trust all areas of my game right now. Unfortunately, I just hit three foul balls off the tee today, and in the end, the costly penalties were too much for my solid play to overcome. I hit a ball into waist high heather on my first and sixth holes and suffered a stroke-and-distance penalty on both occasions before ending my round with a wayward drive into a hazard on the 18th hole. With the exception of those three swings, I was really happy with the way I played today. I left a few shots out there by failing to birdie the par-5 eighth and seventeenth holes after good tee shots, but I really executed well other than my three errant drives.

I still feel good about my game and believe that great things are coming. Stay with me as I make solid plans for the rest of my week and turn my attention to U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying. I'll be back in a day or two with some updates on what I'm doing to be fully prepared for that. Thank you for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...