Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good Preparation

Tomorrow is the second step of my journey to the 2011 U.S. Open. My sectional qualifier is at Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, MD, and I am feeling ready to go. Woodmont is a 36-hole facility, and we will compete on both the North and South courses tomorrow for the qualifier. I have spent four of the last five days practicing out there and had two of the most productive practice rounds I can remember last Thursday and Friday. I feel like I have done good work to learn my way around both courses and am comfortable on both. My practice has been very good as well. I feel like I'm swinging great, and I have continued to focus on my putting and wedge play. My game feels good, and I think tomorrow will be a great day.

I peg it on the South Course tomorrow morning at 8:17. There are 112 competitors here competing for 10 spots in the U.S. Open. Here's my game plan: I am going to have a solid plan on every shot; commit to and trust that plan on every shot; execute fearlessly on every shot; and enjoy every minute of being out there. I believe that I am good enough to compete for our Nation's Open Championship, so hopefully tomorrow I can go out there and earn the right to do just that! It'll be a fun day. Come back here for a report tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...