Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good Preparation

Tomorrow is the second step of my journey to the 2011 U.S. Open. My sectional qualifier is at Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, MD, and I am feeling ready to go. Woodmont is a 36-hole facility, and we will compete on both the North and South courses tomorrow for the qualifier. I have spent four of the last five days practicing out there and had two of the most productive practice rounds I can remember last Thursday and Friday. I feel like I have done good work to learn my way around both courses and am comfortable on both. My practice has been very good as well. I feel like I'm swinging great, and I have continued to focus on my putting and wedge play. My game feels good, and I think tomorrow will be a great day.

I peg it on the South Course tomorrow morning at 8:17. There are 112 competitors here competing for 10 spots in the U.S. Open. Here's my game plan: I am going to have a solid plan on every shot; commit to and trust that plan on every shot; execute fearlessly on every shot; and enjoy every minute of being out there. I believe that I am good enough to compete for our Nation's Open Championship, so hopefully tomorrow I can go out there and earn the right to do just that! It'll be a fun day. Come back here for a report tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...