Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Brief Report

I'm going to keep this short because I am about to hit the road to bigger and better things! Unfortunately, I'm not hitting the road on the best note. My game was sloppy today for 26 holes at Pine Needles. I was inconsistent in all areas of the game and even made a few mental mistakes, which is very uncharacteristic for me. I played the last 8 holes of my third round in even par to finish off a third round 68, and followed that with just three birdies and three very poor bogeys to shoot even-par 71 in the final round. The poor play today dropped me into a large tie for 21st.

I'm not happy with my play today or my finish in this tournament, but I am thrilled with the week of work I had. My game is in good shape, and, though I didn't show it today, the work that I have done (and am continuing to do) is paying great dividends. I'm traveling to the Washington D.C. area this evening where I will compete in a Monday Qualifier for a Nationwide Tour event next Tuesday (moved back a day because of Memorial Day) and will stick around that area for U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying the following Monday. I feel like I'm ready to play really well and am excited for what the next couple weeks might hold.

I'm going to be hangin' with Dr. Laura Malnati the next couple evenings, so that will be tons of fun, but I'll still be fine tuning my golf game during the day as well. Come back for more reports in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...