Monday, May 30, 2011

In Our Nation's Capitol and Ready to Play

Two fun days of golf have me feeling ready to go this week in the greater Washington D.C. area. I played with my sister (Dr. Laura Malnati!) and another great Physical Therapist named Ken Herbel at a beautiful course in Northern Virginia called Twin Lakes on Sunday morning before joining three friends for a little practice round match today at Northwest Golf Club in Silver Spring, MD, to prepare for our Nationwide Tour Qualifier that is there tomorrow. My game, which was admittedly a little bit erratic on Saturday during the final round-and-a-half of last week's Egolf event, was very sharp at times on Sunday and consistently pretty darn good today. I feel like I'm hitting the ball very well, and my short game touch is coming back to me. I am very happy to be here in this area with my sis, and I think that if I can stay relaxed and enjoy myself on the golf course, great things could happen for me.

So there is the potential for the next seven days to be extremely busy, and I mean that in a very good way. Tomorrow at 10:10, I tee off at Northwest Golf Club in the Monday (moved to Tuesday) Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour's Prince George's County Open. If I am successful tomorrow, I will of course compete in the Nationwide Tour event in College Park, Maryland, Thursday through Sunday. Then on Monday, June 6, I will compete at nearby Woodmont Country Club in the Sectional Round of Qualifying for the U.S. Open. It's going to be an exciting week!

My game is very good right now, but I need to remain focused very much on just hitting one shot at a time and not letting my thoughts get too far into the future. Right now, I'm just thinking about being patient and smart and having a great day tomorrow at Northwest Golf Club. Come back tomorrow evening to see how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...