Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Patience and Putter Salvage Round 1

Okay, I've been lying to you for the last couple weeks. Since the third round of my last Egolf event in Columbia, SC, my golf game has felt out of sync. I do honestly feel like I'm on the cusp of playing great golf, but I have definitely been a little bit off lately. My ball-striking, wedge play, and chipping have all kept me guessing a little bit, and today's first round in Greensboro was no exception. After a three-hour rain delay, I got started with my first round at 11:40, and it was clear that I just wasn't quite sharp. I hit it unsolidly and off line all day, and my chipping and wedge play were horrendous. I played the most intelligent round of golf I can ever remember playing, though, and that, coupled with solid putting, allowed me to get it around High Point Country Club's Willow Creek course in one-under-par 71. I am very proud of that score, and excited about the opportunity that it gives me to have a great tournament.

I'm not sure why my game is off right now, but I spent some time after the round just working on my rhythm. I began to hit my full shots a lot better, but was still struggling to find that lovin' feelin' with the wedges. I know that something will click soon, though, and I really feel like good things are coming.

Because of the delay today, my second-round tee time tomorrow at Colonial Country Club is yet to be determined. I was scheduled to play at 1 p.m., so we'll see how much later than that it ends up being. In any event, I'm excited to have a good morning of practice and to get back into action. I shot a decent score playing poorly today, and I have a feeling I'm going to play much better tomorrow! It should be good. Come back here for a half-way report tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...