Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Patience and Putter Salvage Round 1

Okay, I've been lying to you for the last couple weeks. Since the third round of my last Egolf event in Columbia, SC, my golf game has felt out of sync. I do honestly feel like I'm on the cusp of playing great golf, but I have definitely been a little bit off lately. My ball-striking, wedge play, and chipping have all kept me guessing a little bit, and today's first round in Greensboro was no exception. After a three-hour rain delay, I got started with my first round at 11:40, and it was clear that I just wasn't quite sharp. I hit it unsolidly and off line all day, and my chipping and wedge play were horrendous. I played the most intelligent round of golf I can ever remember playing, though, and that, coupled with solid putting, allowed me to get it around High Point Country Club's Willow Creek course in one-under-par 71. I am very proud of that score, and excited about the opportunity that it gives me to have a great tournament.

I'm not sure why my game is off right now, but I spent some time after the round just working on my rhythm. I began to hit my full shots a lot better, but was still struggling to find that lovin' feelin' with the wedges. I know that something will click soon, though, and I really feel like good things are coming.

Because of the delay today, my second-round tee time tomorrow at Colonial Country Club is yet to be determined. I was scheduled to play at 1 p.m., so we'll see how much later than that it ends up being. In any event, I'm excited to have a good morning of practice and to get back into action. I shot a decent score playing poorly today, and I have a feeling I'm going to play much better tomorrow! It should be good. Come back here for a half-way report tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...