Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Solid Start

I played my first round today in the Egolf Tour's Donald Ross Classic at Pine Needles Golf Club, and I hit the ball like a champ. I hit 17 greens in regulation, and despite a putter that was certainly not what I would describe as "hot," I made six birdies and a lone bogey to post a five-under-par score of 66. My bogey was caused by one of two errant tee shots on the day, but other than that, I missed very few shots. Had I putted the way that I expect it to, I could have shot a very low score today. All-in-all, however, I was pleased with the way I played and am excited about how good my game feels.

Tomorrow I move to the shorter Southern Pines Golf Club. The opportunity to shoot a very low score exists at Southern Pines, but I will have to be patient and stick to a good game plan to do so. I really feel great about the hard work I have done, though, and I am having fun out on the course. If I can keep doing that, tomorrow will be a good day. I tee off at 10:50. Come back to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...