Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Solid Start

I played my first round today in the Egolf Tour's Donald Ross Classic at Pine Needles Golf Club, and I hit the ball like a champ. I hit 17 greens in regulation, and despite a putter that was certainly not what I would describe as "hot," I made six birdies and a lone bogey to post a five-under-par score of 66. My bogey was caused by one of two errant tee shots on the day, but other than that, I missed very few shots. Had I putted the way that I expect it to, I could have shot a very low score today. All-in-all, however, I was pleased with the way I played and am excited about how good my game feels.

Tomorrow I move to the shorter Southern Pines Golf Club. The opportunity to shoot a very low score exists at Southern Pines, but I will have to be patient and stick to a good game plan to do so. I really feel great about the hard work I have done, though, and I am having fun out on the course. If I can keep doing that, tomorrow will be a good day. I tee off at 10:50. Come back to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...