Thursday, May 26, 2011

Frustration... But Moving Forward

My second round in the Egolf Tour's Donald Ross Classic was not very pretty. Playing at the very short and score-able Southern Pines Golf Club, I was erratic and failed to take advantage of a lot of short wedge shots. I hit a few poor drives, some off-line iron shots, and really looked like an idiot around the greens a couple of times. In addition to all that, I missed a tap-in on the 8th hole due to a lack of focus. With all that said, I did play the final 10 holes in three under par to post a two-under-par round of 69. That score was not good on the golf course I played today, but it is good that I was able to keep myself in the tournament despite a poor day.

I really wasn't happy with the way I played in round 2, but I still feel good about my game. My golf swing is feeling good, and I feel like the stuff I have been practicing with my wedges is working. I didn't quite execute the way I would have liked with my wedges today, but my practice is still feeling good, so I'm sure that my wedge play will be great very soon. My putting hasn't been as good as I expect it to be so far this week, either, but I'm still rolling the ball beautifully. With the exception of my chipping, I feel like all the areas of my game are on the brink of being great. I need to find something with my chipping, but as good as I've always been around the greens, I know I'll get it back soon.

I have a lot about which to be excited, but the most exciting thing for me right now is the fact that I have two more days to play Pine Needles and move up in this event. If I can be patient and execute confidently, I really feel like I can put together good rounds on this golf course. I tee it up tomorrow at 9:30, and I am determined to enjoy myself and trust the work I've been doing. It should be a good day, so come back to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...