Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rats!

Well, I thought I was on to something in Round 2 of this week's Egolf event, the Willow Creek Classic in High Point (Greensboro), North Carolina. With my tee time pushed back to 2:30 in the afternoon after round-1 delays, I had plenty of time in the morning to work on my struggling golf game. I had a very productive morning, and really felt good when my round started. I played the first 11 holes in one under par and could have been much better had a number of a well-hit putts found the hole during that stretch. From holes 12-16, however, my sour play of late really caught up with me. Consecutive muffed chips led to a bogey on the very easy par-5 12th, and a foul ball off of the tee on the par-3 15th ended up out of bounds and led to a triple-bogey 6. A sloppy bogey on the 16th followed before I finished with two pars and a very poor score of four-over-par 75 at Colonial Country Club. I was really encouraged by some things that I did today, but I definitely need to have some good practice and improve a lot in the coming weeks.

For the first time this year on American soil, I am heading home early. I hate missing cuts, but I think that it is a fairly inevitable part of being a professional golfer. I played poorly this week, and that is going to happen from time to time. I am going to find that lovin' feelin' again soon, though, and good things are in my near future. I'm disappointed with the way I have performed for the past week and a half, but I know that I'll get back into good form soon!

I have just over a week before my next competitive venture. I will be prime when I return to action! Come check out the blog for some progress reports as I practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...