Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rats!

Well, I thought I was on to something in Round 2 of this week's Egolf event, the Willow Creek Classic in High Point (Greensboro), North Carolina. With my tee time pushed back to 2:30 in the afternoon after round-1 delays, I had plenty of time in the morning to work on my struggling golf game. I had a very productive morning, and really felt good when my round started. I played the first 11 holes in one under par and could have been much better had a number of a well-hit putts found the hole during that stretch. From holes 12-16, however, my sour play of late really caught up with me. Consecutive muffed chips led to a bogey on the very easy par-5 12th, and a foul ball off of the tee on the par-3 15th ended up out of bounds and led to a triple-bogey 6. A sloppy bogey on the 16th followed before I finished with two pars and a very poor score of four-over-par 75 at Colonial Country Club. I was really encouraged by some things that I did today, but I definitely need to have some good practice and improve a lot in the coming weeks.

For the first time this year on American soil, I am heading home early. I hate missing cuts, but I think that it is a fairly inevitable part of being a professional golfer. I played poorly this week, and that is going to happen from time to time. I am going to find that lovin' feelin' again soon, though, and good things are in my near future. I'm disappointed with the way I have performed for the past week and a half, but I know that I'll get back into good form soon!

I have just over a week before my next competitive venture. I will be prime when I return to action! Come check out the blog for some progress reports as I practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...