Friday, May 20, 2011

Great Practice

The last two days have been great! I have really been having good practice sessions. The majority of my practice has been with a wedge of some sort in my hand, but I have also spent good time on the driving range, the putting green, and the golf course. I haven't quite found that lovin' feeling consistently with my wedges, but for moments at a time I have felt great. I get more consistent with each session, and that is very encouraging. I am starting to see consistently better results around the greens with my chipping. I will always be fine-tuning my touch and trying to sharpen my short game more and more, but I feel like I'm close to being back to my usual, confident self around the greens. My ball-striking still has plenty of room for improvement, but I'm very happy with the way I'm hitting it right now. All-in-all, my game is in good form, and I'm having a lot of fun working to improve it.

I had a fun session with Bobbo this morning during which he watched me practice all areas of the game for almost three hours. While a few shots here and there may have prompted some kind of critique, we spent most of the morning talking about how good everything looked. I know my game feels good and that I'm improving, but it is a nice feeling to get some confirmation that I'm practicing the right things. Bobbo said everything looks good, and I can tell you that the shots are starting to look really good, too.

I've put a good dent in my process goals for the week the past two days, but I still need to have a productive weekend of practice to reach them all. I'll get them done, though!

It's been a solid week so far. I feel like my game is in very good shape and that it can be in great shape when I hit the road Monday for next week's Egolf event at Pine Needles in Pinehurst, North Carolina. Come back for an update of the weekend's work on Sunday, and I'll let you know how I'm feeling as I get ready to take off for a fun tournament stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...