Friday, May 27, 2011

Long Long Ten Holes

The weather made for a long day in Friday's third round at Pine Needles. Humid, cloudy, and calm morning conditions gave way to some winds and then thunderstorms right at noon. I played ten holes before the horn was blown to suspend play. After we got into the clubhouse, storms stayed around the area for the remainder of the day. We did head back out to the practice facilities at 5:45 to warm up and returned to the course at 6:30 to resume play, but after hitting two shots on the 11th, the horns sounded again as another storm came into the area. With that, we were done for the day and will pick up third-round play tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m.

I'm playing very well right now. I made three birdies and no bogeys in the ten holes I played today, and feel like I'm playing solidly enough to really make a move tomorrow. Like I said, round 3 play will resume at 8:00 a.m., and, with some good weather, we will begin round 4 immediately upon the completion of round 3. My game feels good, so I'm rooting for some good weather and 26 more holes to move up the leaderboard. In any event, tomorrow will be a fun day, and I'm looking forward to more chances to trust my hard work in tournament action! Come back here for a tournament wrap-up report tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...