Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shivers and Shanks on Day 1

2010 did not exactly start the way I would have planned it. I bogeyed my first competitive hole, hit two cold shanks, and hit three balls into water hazards. All this, and I still fought hard and am proud of the way I handled the adversity. I ended up getting up and down for a bogey on my last hole to shoot 76.

Scores were not as high as I had thought they might be on an Orlando day when windchills were in the 20's for most of the day. My 76 has me right in the middle of the pack, but I'm still in a position where I can make a nice move up the leaderboard the next two days.

The forecast does not look dramatically better the next two days, but I, of all people, am used to playing golf in cold conditions. I'm excited to go out and play well the next two days. If I build on the things I did right today and start to hit the ball a little better, I will be in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...