Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ready for a Great 2010!

Wow, it's been a while since my last update. That doesn't mean that nothing has been happening. I had a great Christmas with my family in East Tennessee, and, though the weather wasn't great, it was good enough that I could work on my game at least a little every day. I'm definitely not in mid-season form, but I feel like I'm playing well, and working on the right things.

I'm currently in Pine Mountain, Georgia, at Callaway Gardens where I played the Second Stage of Q-school. I'm just stopping in here for a few days to enjoy the great practice facilities, and to spend some time with my good friends who hosted me during Second Stage. The weather has been less than ideal with cold temperatures and some wind, but I'm still getting some good work done.

My final destination for this trip is Orlando. I'm going to stay with a friend of mine, and play in a couple of tournaments on the Hooter's Tour's "Winter Series." The first one in January 5-7 at a course called Shingle Creek. I will play in another a couple of weeks later at a place called Diamondback. I'm excited to get back in a tournament situation and feel the pressure that comes with that!

2010 is going to be an exciting year for me. I am a full time professional golfer. I will make money doing what I love, and I'm going to enjoy the challenge of getting better every day. I'm going to play at least two events in Orlando in January, start up a full schedule on the TarHeel Tour in mid-February, and make sure that I'm ready to shoot some really good scores in some Monday Qualifiers on the Nationwide Tour.

I'm going to have a lot of opportunities to make good things happen in 2010, and I will work hard to make sure that I'm ready to take advantage of those opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...