Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grr... Not There Yet!

I am not quite back to what anyone could call "solid" ball-striking yet. Though I feel better than I did last week, my performance today in round one was disappointing. I just struggled to find the center of the clubface with everything longer than a putter. I battled and held it together to post a two-over par 73, but on a course that is not terribly difficult, I can and should play much better.

I am not discouraged. I'm frustrated, but I know that I'm not far from playing well. I'm pleased with the way my short game has kept me in the ball park of decent scores the past two weeks, and I definitely feel like I'm moving towards something good with my full shots.

I don't play until late tomorrow. That will give me some time to go out to Bay Hill in the morning and have a good practice session before I hit the tee. Because of some frost delays today, my tee time for tomorrow has been pushed back to 2:00 o'clock. That will make finishing before dark difficult. It's okay, though. I'm going to go low tomorrow, even if I have to wait until Thursday morning to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...