Thursday, January 21, 2010

First Paycheck of 2010...

It wasn't a big one, but I finally cashed a check in 2010. I played well today in the final round of Hooter's Tour Winter Series event at Diamond Back Golf Club, but I made too many mistakes to shoot a good number. I offset four good birdies with same number of bogeys for an even par round of 72. For the week I shot 213 (72, 69, 72), which is three under par. The golf course was easy, which is why that total resulted in only a tie for 33rd place, but I'm proud of the way I played this week.

My ball-striking was more-or-less solid all week. I know that hitting the ball solidly should just be expected, but it's good for me to see how much far I've come back to normalcy in that department after feeling lost just one week ago. I still hit way too many shots off line, but now that I'm hitting it in the middle of the clubface, I can control my distance easily and directional control is not far behind. I'm really excited to keep getting better!

I made 814 dollars today. That's really not good when the entry fee was 950$, but I'm going to use this as a building block going forward. I'm ready to have a great 2010! I don't currently have anything scheduled between now and the Tarheel Tour's kick off event on Hilton Head in mid-February. I'm going to look for something to play between now and then, but it will be okay if I just continue to practice and sharpen my game.

Stay tuned for practice reports and schedule updates. Thank you for your interest in my career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...