Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lousy Ball-striking Continues in Round Two

My first event of 2010 has ended a day early. Poor ball-striking had me working hard to make pars in the second round on a day when slightly warmer temperatures led to lower scores for the field. Again, I fought hard and my short game and putting both felt good, but in the end, I just didn't give myself enough birdie opportunities. I shot 74 in round two to go with my 76 in round one, and I missed the cut by a single shot.

I feel like I have a lot of positive feelings to take from this tournament, however. I didn't even have my "C" game from tee to green, and I still managed keep myself in the tournament with my short game. I need to continue to work to make my short game even better, but I gained a lot of confidence in that area this week. I know I'm a good ball-striker, too, so I just need to practice a lot over the next few days until something "clicks" again. I'm confident that it will happen before next week, when I tee it up in tournament number two for 2010.

Next week I'm playing in another of the Hooter's Tour Winter Series events. It is again a 54-hole event from Tuesday-Thursday. I'm excited for the chance to redeem myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...