Saturday, June 2, 2012

Very Good but Still Sloppy in Final Round

My game felt good in the final round at Rock Barn, and I really executed well the majority of time in all facets of my game. Unfortunately, I had a couple more "what-the-heck?" moments and made two silly bogeys and a horrific double-bogey on an easy par-5. I made six birdies, but the mistakes left me with a very pedestrian round of 70 and a seven-under-par total for the tournament. I finished in a tie for 21st, seven strokes off of the leaders' pace. I felt that my game got progressively better over the weekend, and I feel like I really could have contended for the win had I not made silly mistakes throughout the week. I am definitely still trending upward, though, and am confident that great things are coming.

Speaking of great things, I have sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open on Monday. I will be onsite at Woodmont Country Club for preparations on Sunday and will be ready to go for the 36-hole marathon on Monday. Come back for a full report of the practice day and preview of the qualifier on Sunday evening. Thank you for following me and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...