Saturday, June 2, 2012

Very Good but Still Sloppy in Final Round

My game felt good in the final round at Rock Barn, and I really executed well the majority of time in all facets of my game. Unfortunately, I had a couple more "what-the-heck?" moments and made two silly bogeys and a horrific double-bogey on an easy par-5. I made six birdies, but the mistakes left me with a very pedestrian round of 70 and a seven-under-par total for the tournament. I finished in a tie for 21st, seven strokes off of the leaders' pace. I felt that my game got progressively better over the weekend, and I feel like I really could have contended for the win had I not made silly mistakes throughout the week. I am definitely still trending upward, though, and am confident that great things are coming.

Speaking of great things, I have sectional qualifying for the U.S. Open on Monday. I will be onsite at Woodmont Country Club for preparations on Sunday and will be ready to go for the 36-hole marathon on Monday. Come back for a full report of the practice day and preview of the qualifier on Sunday evening. Thank you for following me and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...