Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quick Report from a Frustrating (But Still Promising) Second Round

I'm still searching for consistency. I played solidly in round one at Sapona Country Club and made very  few mistakes. In Thursday's second round at Colonial Country Club, I birdied two of the first four holes and hit a lot of solid shots in doing so but then went through a four-hole stretch during which errant tee shots and a couple of mishit iron shots left me scrambling for pars. I made two bogeys during that stretch to offset my two early birdies and stood at even par for the second round through eight holes. On the final ten holes, I hit the ball beautifully and was really executing well from tee to green. Unfortunately, I didn't putt well. I missed a lot of very make-able mid-range birdie putts and missed a couple of putts from short range as well. It all added up to a three-birdie, three-bogey round of 70. That is a disappointing score, but I am actually feeling good about my performance now. I drove the ball very well on my second nine holes today and also hit some very good iron shots, so I am encouraged by how my ball-striking is feeling. I also had a very good session on the putting green this afternoon and feel confident that I am rolling the ball well. My game is in good shape, and I am still in good standing in this tournament. I'm going to stay relaxed but focused over the final two rounds, and I'm excited to see what happens. Keep it here for good news, and follow the results at www.egolfprofessionaltour.com. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...