Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crazy Opening Round at Wintergreen

This week's Egolf event is at a course called Stoney Creek at the Wintergreen Resort near Charlottesville, VA. I was a late addition to the field after deciding to travel over here from Indiana following the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event. I'm glad I made the trip because Wintergreen is a cool place and my golf game is still feeling good!

I began the tournament with birdies on each of the first four holes and six of the first eight. It was an incredibly good start, but unfortunately I couldn't keep it going. I was very balky with the putter during the middle of my round and made a number of bogeys on short missed putts. I continued to hit the ball well, however, and am proud of the fact that I birdied two of my final three holes to get my round back to four under par and post an opening 68. It was a wild day, but all in all, I feel great about my game.

I've got the putter straightened out, and I'm going to play well in round 2. Come back for a good report on Thursday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...