Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crazy Opening Round at Wintergreen

This week's Egolf event is at a course called Stoney Creek at the Wintergreen Resort near Charlottesville, VA. I was a late addition to the field after deciding to travel over here from Indiana following the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event. I'm glad I made the trip because Wintergreen is a cool place and my golf game is still feeling good!

I began the tournament with birdies on each of the first four holes and six of the first eight. It was an incredibly good start, but unfortunately I couldn't keep it going. I was very balky with the putter during the middle of my round and made a number of bogeys on short missed putts. I continued to hit the ball well, however, and am proud of the fact that I birdied two of my final three holes to get my round back to four under par and post an opening 68. It was a wild day, but all in all, I feel great about my game.

I've got the putter straightened out, and I'm going to play well in round 2. Come back for a good report on Thursday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...