Monday, June 25, 2012

64 Is Good, Right?

I knew the golf course for this week's Monday Qualifier was easy, but when I birdied the final three holes on a moderately windy day to shoot a seven-under-par round of 64, I was fairly pleased with my performance. It was not enough, however, as nine players shot scores of 63 or better. I played well, but I did make some mistakes. At the end of the day, my round wasn't good enough, and I've got to move on, stay positive, and keep getting better.

I am moving on quickly, too. Prior to competing on Monday, I had decided that I would be at peace with a week off if I didn't succeed in this Monday Qualifier. As daylight was fading on Monday, however, I was trying to swallow another close call and I decided that I was going to hit the road and play in this week's Egolf Tour event in Virginia. I am currently at a hotel in Lexington, KY, and will catch a good night's sleep here on my way to the Wintergreen Resort. I will get there in time to have a leisurely and relaxed practice round on Tuesday evening before beginning the tournament on Wednesday.

I am still very encouraged and feeling great about my game. I believe that I am ready to compete at the Nationwide Tour level, but I still need to achieve some things on the mini-tours. I'm pumped to get back after it this week. Keep it here for updates throughout the week. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...