Monday, June 25, 2012

64 Is Good, Right?

I knew the golf course for this week's Monday Qualifier was easy, but when I birdied the final three holes on a moderately windy day to shoot a seven-under-par round of 64, I was fairly pleased with my performance. It was not enough, however, as nine players shot scores of 63 or better. I played well, but I did make some mistakes. At the end of the day, my round wasn't good enough, and I've got to move on, stay positive, and keep getting better.

I am moving on quickly, too. Prior to competing on Monday, I had decided that I would be at peace with a week off if I didn't succeed in this Monday Qualifier. As daylight was fading on Monday, however, I was trying to swallow another close call and I decided that I was going to hit the road and play in this week's Egolf Tour event in Virginia. I am currently at a hotel in Lexington, KY, and will catch a good night's sleep here on my way to the Wintergreen Resort. I will get there in time to have a leisurely and relaxed practice round on Tuesday evening before beginning the tournament on Wednesday.

I am still very encouraged and feeling great about my game. I believe that I am ready to compete at the Nationwide Tour level, but I still need to achieve some things on the mini-tours. I'm pumped to get back after it this week. Keep it here for updates throughout the week. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...