Sunday, June 17, 2012

Not Yet, But Getting Close

I felt good heading into the final round of this week's Egolf event. I was two shots behind the leader and was relaxed and confident. I made a birdie on the opening hole and then gave myself three really good looks at birdies on numbers two, three, and four, but couldn't get any of them to fall. I continued to hit the ball very well through the middle of the round but was definitely pressing a little bit on the greens and didn't hit a lot of good putts. I never missed any short putts, but I had a lot of 8 to 15 foot looks for birdies and made none of them. My putting practice was great all week, so I know that I just needed to be a little more relaxed on the greens in the tournament. Then, after hitting the ball beautifully all day and most of the week, I made a mess of the par-5 15th hole. A drive in the left rough and a couple of crummy wedge shots led to a bogey. I was disappointed and a bit rattled, but I kept it together and birdied the last two holes to post a final-round of two-under-par 69 and finished tied for 4th. That is another good finish and it was a very solid week, but I am going to break through with something big soon!


Speaking of breakthroughs, I'm in the airport in Nashville, TN, heading to Wichita, KS, for the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event there this week. Come back for more news about that Sunday night. Thank you for keeping up with me and for your support!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...