Friday, June 15, 2012

Good Third Round Sets Stage for a Fun Final

I played well in the third round of the Egolf Tour's Bolle Classic at Sapona Country Club. I was solid for the most part all day, and even when I did hit a couple of poor shots, I followed them up with some good ones and managed to keep my scorecard bogey-free for the second time in three days this tournament. I managed five birdies and posted a score of 66. It felt at times like I was going to go very low, but my putter never did heat up enough to get me really rolling in the right direction. I was solid, however, and made all of my short putts in round 3. All in all it was a good performance, and I am feeling great about my game.

I will head into Saturday's final round in a five-way tie for second place, two shots behind the leader. I have been in contention quite a few times heading into the final round of tournaments lately, and I definitely know what to expect and what I need to be thinking. I'm going to try my hardest to have an intelligently aggressive plan on every single shot but then just relax and execute fearlessly when it's time to pull the trigger. There is a fine line between trying too hard and being careless mentally. I have erred on both sides of that line in the past, but I know that I am learning and I feel like I am close to getting it right. This final round will be another challenge, but I am very much looking forward to it. It is going to be a fun day.

In addition to the exciting finale to this week's tournament, I have a lot of good things in the near future. I'll explain more later, but just so you know, I'll be high-tailing it to Nashville, TN when I finish the Egolf event on Saturday. I am going to catch a 6:15 flight Sunday morning to Kansas City so that I can get out to Wichita, Kansas, to play the Monday qualifier for next week's Nationwide Tour event. I'll give more details about that trip and the next couple weeks soon.

For now, I'm ready to put the finishing touches on a great week here on the Egolf Tour. I won't have time to give much of an explanation after tomorrow's final round, but I'll drop a quick line or two on here when it's over. It could be some really great news! Come back to check it out, and definitely come back on Sunday for a summary of the week and a look at the excitement in Wichita. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...