Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lack of Updates Does Not Equal Lack of Excitement

I am sorry that I haven't been doing a good job of keep you up to date for the last week. I finished the Egolf Professional Tour event at River Hills with a two more struggling rounds on the weekend. I fought hard and showed a lot of signs of promise but could muster only a one-under-par round of 70 on Friday and a two-over-par effort of 73 on Saturday. The final result was a tie for 23rd place. I really expected to do better than that, but given that my game was definitely off all week, I am pleased that I was able to achieve a respectable result.

I'm not really sure what caused my struggles last week. I had a great weekend of practice leading into the event and am obviously coming off a stretch where I have been playing quite well, but all aspects of my game were just a little bit off at River Hills. With that said, I felt pretty bad and still shot good enough scores to keep myself within striking distance of a decent finish until the very end, so I know that I can't be too far off.

I didn't have the greatest week of practice, either. I worked very hard and put in a lot of time, but I just couldn't get things clicking in any area of my game. I spent more time on the range than usual because of some kinks in my ball-striking, but my time on the putting green wasn't very effective, either, and I failed to complete all of my putting drills for the week. I also missed a run over the weekend, but I feel good about my fitness and know that I will have no trouble getting back on schedule. I do want to make sure that I don't let a busy tournament schedule become an excuse for not finishing my process goals, however.  I'm going to really emphasize all of my practice drills and fitness goals in the coming weeks. It is important that I not over-exert myself as the summer gets hot and busy, but my process goals are very realistic and can be attained very efficiently if I stay focused and have a good plan.

I have an extremely exciting stretch of events ahead of me. Tomorrow (Monday, May 28), I will tee it up at 7:50 a.m. in the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour's Raleigh, NC, event. I am one-for-one in Monday Q's so far this year and know that I can do it again with a patient and solid performance tomorrow. I will update you in the evening and also let you know what else is on the horizon. Even coming off a bit of down week, I am feeling great! Thank you for following, and keep it here for great news (and more frequent updates)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...