Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Good Job on Wednesday; Time for a Work Week

I played in the Local Round of U.S. Open Qualifying at Holston Hills Country Club on Wednesday. Knoxville, TN, is a stacked place to try to qualify for USGA events, but I always know at the beginning of the day that if I take care of business, I will get the job done. On a slightly uncomfortable rainy day, I played very solidly and was good enough to advance to the Sectional Round of qualifying. I made five birdies, and after a great up-and-down to save par on the par-3 11th hole (my second of the day), I never came close to making a bogey. I hit 13 of 14 fairways, and really felt like my 67 was about the highest score I could have shot. I'm glad I didn't shoot any higher, too, because 67 wound up being the qualifying score right on the number. I'm happy with the way I played, though, and glad to be one step closer to the 2012 U.S. Open.

I have had a bit of slow week so far in terms of my practice, though, and I need to have a productive couple of days moving forward. I'm excited to have the rest of this week off from competition to continue to sharpen my game. I will get back into action next week with a Carolinas Pro Tour event on Monday/Tuesday and an Egolf event Wednesday-Friday. I am going to work really hard in the coming days and finish all of my process goals for the week. My game is feeling good, but I am excited to keep getting better. Another Nationwide Tour Qualifier and U.S. Open Sectionals loom just weeks away, and I plan to contend from some mini-tour victories between now and then. It all starts with a good week of work right now, though.

Keep it here for practice reports and to follow all of the action. Great things are coming! Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...