Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good Work at Rock Barn So Far

I played fairly well today in the first round of the Egolf Tour's HGM Hotels Classic at Rock Barn. I hit the ball beautifully for most of the day, and really felt comfortable on the course. I missed a birdie putt from inside of ten feet on the first hole and then missed a four-and-a-half foot putt for par on the second, so I was not off to a great start and my putting certainly looked concerning early. I played solidly all day, however, and though I never got hot with my putter, I made five birdies and no bogies over the final 16 holes to open the tournament with a four-under-par round of 68. That round is nothing too special as Rock Barn is playing very easy right now, but it is a solid start to the tournament.

More importantly, I felt good on the golf course. My shots were going fairly close to where I was looking, and I made some confident strokes with the putter as well. I think I am on my way to posting some more really good numbers soon.

I am also happy with the work that I have been doing this week. I have been very efficient with my time  and have been putting in solid practice sessions on all areas of my game. I have been getting in some good workouts, too. It's been a very productive week, and I'm excited to keep it going. I think I'm going to have some good news to report before my stay at Rock Barn is over! Keep it here for all the latest. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...