Thursday, May 24, 2012

Half-way Report from River Hills

I owe you a very thorough update, but because of my 8:09 tee time tomorrow morning, I'm going to be brief for now. The Egolf event this week is at a course called River Hills Country Club. The course is fun because is requires extreme accuracy and the ability to work the ball off of the tee. Houses (and therefore out of bounds) boarder both sides of nearly every hole, and no holes offer a breather from the premium on control. On top of that, the greens are small, undulating, fast, and very firm this week. It all adds up to a fairly challenging test. With that said, the course is short and offers a lot of birdie opportunities. The event's co-host is a course called the Palisades. The Palisades is a visually intimidating golf course, but it is actually one of the easiest courses we will play all year. The host course, River Hills, is definitely much more demanding, and the scoring averages through the first two rounds confirmed that.

I opened the event Wednesday morning at River Hills and looked a bit off from the beginning. Though I didn't have any big misses, I didn't hit very many good shots either and shot a birdie-less 38 (+2) on my first nine holes of the tournament. Four back-nine birdies offset another sloppy bogey and allowed me to post a one-under-par score of 70 in the first round. In the second round at the Palisades, my game was missing. I did not feel comfortable in any area, and though I was able to hit a few good shots here and there, I cannot say that any part of my game was good in round two. Despite all that, I birdied two of the last four holes to post a three-under-par score of 69 in the second round. I'm not sure why I felt so out of whack in round 2, but I'm pumped about the practice session that I had afterwards and even more pumped about the chance to play two more rounds at River Hills. If I can execute well, the course really suits my strengths. I'm confident that I'm ready to play well, and I think it's going to be a fun two days for me in the final two rounds! Keep it here for a good report each of the next two days, and follow the results at: www.egolfprofessionaltour.com. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...