Friday, July 1, 2011

Oops... Sorry for the Long Delay

I didn't even realize that I never posted a report from the final round of my last Egolf event. I am going to give a very brief report here to bring everyone up to speed.

I ended last week's Egolf event with a very indifferent round of 67. It was a nice score and it moved me up the leaderboard a couple spots into a tie for 15th, but I really let a lot of good opportunities get away from me and didn't feel great when I signed my scorecard. I have spent a lot of time in my car since then and have realized that finishing 15th in a tournament where I really didn't feel great about the way I played means that my game is in awesome shape!

The road has been my home since then. A quick trip home from Charlotte gave me one day to re-group before hitting the road for the midwest. I drove to Missouri on Monday, up to the Quad Cities (Davenport, IA-area) on Wednesday and back down to Columbia, MO, on Thursday night. I am attempting to Qualify for the PGA Tour's John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities next week, and I had to make it through the "Pre-Qualifier" to get to the Monday Qualifier. A solid round on Thursday successfully moved me into the Monday Qualifier, so I'll be competing for a chance to make a PGA Tour start in three days.

My game feels awesome, and, despite all the time travelling, I've been having one of my best weeks of practice in a while. I feel great! Come back for a pre-Qualifier report on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...