Friday, July 8, 2011

Feeling Good

Some nasty sinus congestion and pain has actually affected me for most of this week, but I am really starting to feel better now. I battled through it to have some good workouts and light practice sessions early in the week, but the last two days have been back to a fairly normal routine, and I am feeling much better. After a fun nine-hole match with some former teammates of mine on Wednesday, I worked on my wedge play and putting until dark, and have continued to have good practices the past four days as well. On a week shortened by the Monday qualifier and my battle with the sinus problems, I completed the vast majority of my non-competition week process goals, and feel like I am ready to go moving forward!

I made a 7-hour trek across the midwest today to Cincinnati, OH, and played a practice round at Four Bridges Country Club where I will be playing in a Monday Qualifier tomorrow for this week's Nationwide Tour event. I honestly did not have a very good practice round today, but I feel like my game is in good shape. Four Bridges is an awesome course for a Monday Qualifier because it requires a lot of precise shots. The course is riddled with trouble and will reward a solid game plan and good execution. In addition to that, the greens are in very poor shape, so a golfer with a good attitude who stays committed to hitting solid putts will come out on top. In short, the course and the conditions suit me perfectly, and I feel ready to have a good day.

I tee off at 9:57 tomorrow. I will have a fairly conservative game plan but am going to commit to each and every shot and execute fearlessly all day. I am determined to hit good putts all day and know that I will get some to fall. I will stay in my game plan for the entire round. It should be a great day. Come back here to hear all about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...