Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Disappointing Monday but Going to Have a Great Week

I played great for the first 10 holes of the Monday qualifier in Cincinnati. I was 5 under through 10 holes on a difficult course and was determined to stay in the moment and finish strongly. I feel like I did a good job of staying focused, but unfortunately did not play very well down the stretch. Some disappointing shots in the closing 8 holes left me with a 1-under-par round of 71 and on the outside looking in. It was disappointing to let my good play get away from me once again, but I know my golf game is in very good shape.

I am now on to plan B for the week, and I am going to make the most of it. I am playing an EGolf event in the Charlotte, NC area, and I really like both of the golf courses for this tournament. I tee off tomorrow morning at 8:10 in the first round at River Run Country Club. A great day of practice today has me feeling ready to go, and I am confident it is going to be a very good week. Come back tomorrow to hear a great report from round 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...