Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Disappointing Monday but Going to Have a Great Week

I played great for the first 10 holes of the Monday qualifier in Cincinnati. I was 5 under through 10 holes on a difficult course and was determined to stay in the moment and finish strongly. I feel like I did a good job of staying focused, but unfortunately did not play very well down the stretch. Some disappointing shots in the closing 8 holes left me with a 1-under-par round of 71 and on the outside looking in. It was disappointing to let my good play get away from me once again, but I know my golf game is in very good shape.

I am now on to plan B for the week, and I am going to make the most of it. I am playing an EGolf event in the Charlotte, NC area, and I really like both of the golf courses for this tournament. I tee off tomorrow morning at 8:10 in the first round at River Run Country Club. A great day of practice today has me feeling ready to go, and I am confident it is going to be a very good week. Come back tomorrow to hear a great report from round 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...