Friday, July 15, 2011

I Am Going to Finish Strong

Finishing good rounds is something that I have struggled with a little bit lately, and today in round 3, I let a good start get away from me. I started birdie, birdie, par, birdie, birdie before missing close-range putts for two more birdies at holes 6 and 7. Another birdie at the par-3 8th got me to five under par for my round, but unfortunately I could not keep my momentum rolling. A few errant shots and some missed birdie putts equaled a two-over-par performance over the final 10 holes and a three-under-par score of 68 in round 3.

I really felt good in the early going of round 3. I was driving the ball great and felt pretty comfortable with all areas of my game. It is disappointing that those good feelings went away and left me battling my way into the clubhouse, but the truth of the matter is that I am seeing my great potential in some of my hot starts lately. I know that I have the physical skills and the mental game to shoot some very good scores, and I am confident that they are coming in the very near future.

Despite my disappointing finish today, my round still moved me up the leaderboard a little bit. I am currently in a tie for 8th and in good position heading into the final round. Tomorrow I am going to stay relaxed for an entire 18 holes and let my talent and hard work shine. As long as I have a solid game plan on each shot and execute it confidently, I think tomorrow will be a great day. Come back for a final round report and a tournament wrap-up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...