Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Like John Deere!

Well, I really have no allegiance in the lawn equipment or tractor business, but tomorrow morning I will tee it up in the Monday Qualifier for the PGA Tour's John Deere Classic, so I feel a fondness for the brand right now! Incredibly hot weather the past few days and some very strong storms this afternoon added an element of challenge to my practice over the weekend, but I feel like I was able to have very productive sessions and feel great about my game. A lot of people have told me that I remind them of Steve Stricker, and he is the two-time defending champion of the John Deere Classic, so I am hopeful that the connection will serve me well tomorrow and then into the tournament as well.

I really am excited right now. My game has been so steady that even when it doesn't feel great, I have been able to find some good results, and it actually feels pretty darn good right now. As with all Monday Qualifiers, tomorrow is an 18-hole crapshoot, but I am confident that if I play well, I will earn one of the four spots in the tournament field.

I tee it up at 8:40 tomorrow morning on the 10th hole of Pinnacle Country Club. I am going to commit to an intelligent game plan on every single shot that I hit tomorrow. If I do that and then execute fearlessly, I will be in great shape. Come back here for some good news tomorrow evening, or check www.iowapga.com for results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...