Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pleased and Disappointed at the Same Time

Today was the final round of the Egolf Professional Tour's Scratch Golf Championship at Woodside Plantation. I entered the round in a tie for 10th place but just four shots behind the leaders. I had hopes of a good round and a great finish, but I was never able to find the positive momentum for which I was looking. I drove the ball very nicely all day and had a lot of good opportunities to make birdies, but it seemed that my iron play wasn't quite as sharp as it could have been, and I never could get any of the medium-range birdie putts to fall. I did play my first bogey-free round of the year, but unfortunately made just one birdie and an eagle for a three-under-par round of 69 to finish the tournament. The round moved me to 12 under par for the week and into a tie for 8th, but with the winner finishing at just 15 under, I am disappointed with just how close I was to that breakthrough for which I am waiting. The good news, however, is that my game is continuing to progress, and I know that each solid performance I put forward is bringing me closer and closer to doing something great.

For the week I am quite pleased with my performance. I was very loose with the driver in the middle two rounds and had very poor touch on the greens for the first round, but all-in-all I am pleased with the status of all areas of my game. My wedge play, putting, and driving of the golf ball all need to improve and become more consistent, but I really do feel like I'm getting better all the time in those areas. I am excited about the way that my game feels.

I have some exciting options in terms of what comes next for me. The one thing I know for sure is that I have next week off and will be using it to have some great practice. Keep it here for some practice reports and an update of what will be next. It's going to be good! Thank you so much for following and for all your encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...