Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Playing Great

My golf game is so good right now. Today in the first round of the Egolf Tour's Southern Open, I shot a very relaxing round of 67 on the par-72 layout of the event's secondary course, River Run Country Club. With the exception of a lazy driver swing off of the tenth tee and an overly aggressive seven iron into the 16th hole, I was never in trouble all day, and were it not for two sloppy three-putts, my round would have been extremely good. I am really pleased with the way that I am playing and feel confident that I can keep my strong play going and have a great event this week.

Tomorrow I move to the event's host course, the Club at Irish Creek. Scores have been and will continue to be quite low at both courses, but that can be a little deceiving about the difficulty of these two tracks. Both courses require some very good play from the tee and into the greens which are riddled with contours and surrounded by drop-offs. Soft and calm conditions present great scoring opportunities, but both courses require good shots in order to be successful. With that said, I'm really looking forward to playing Irish Creek tomorrow. I know that if I have a smart game plan and execute well off of the tee, my accuracy with my irons and my putting will allow me to have great success. I tee off at 12:20 tomorrow on the 10th hole at Irish Creek, and I'm really looking forward to the round!

***By the way, I need your help again. I'm playing in a brand new area for me next week. The Egolf Tour has a great new event at a place called Woodside Plantation in Aiken, South Carolina. I don't have any housing contacts in that area. I'm wondering if any of you know anyway in the Aiken, SC, or Augusta, GA, area who might be willing to "adopt" me for the week next Monday through Saturday (July 18-23). Thank you so much for following me and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...