Monday, April 30, 2012

Right Where I Belong


I played great today in the Monday Qualifier. A little blip on my fifth hole of the day where I three-putted from just 25 feet for a bogey was my only real blunder of the day as I posted an eight-birdie, one-eagle round of 63 (yes, that's becoming "my number"--I like it) to easily qualify for this week's Nationwide Tour event in Athens, GA. My day started with a perfect three-wood into the par-5 10th for a tap-in eagle, and I finished with six birdies in my closing nine holes. I was fairly relaxed from the get-go and was definitely having fun all day. 

The Nationwide Tour event this week is at the University of Georgia Golf Course. I have never played it, but I will get in a full day of practice out there on Tuesday. It is always a little bit exciting and nerve-racking to play up at the next level, but I really do feel like my game is ready to be playing on the Nationwide Tour full time. I know that if I can stay calm and confident, I can succeed out here. 

I'm excited for a great week. My hard work is definitely starting to show, but I think that this is just the beginning. I need to have a great day of preparation and learn the course on Tuesday, but I will enjoy the whole experience. Keep it here for updates throughout the week. Thank you for following me and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...