Tuesday, April 3, 2012

At The Palisades for Carolina's Tour--Good First Round

I finished up a solid effort last week with an efficient weekend of practice at Dandridge Golf Course. I worked hard on my fitness and put in the time to finish all of my process goals, but also spent a little bit of time relaxing at home this weekend. Then, after a good day of work on Monday, I left for a trip that will keep me on the road for at least four weeks, so it was good that I was able to soak up a little bit of time in my Dandridge, TN, home.

The first stop on this trip is Charlotte, North Carolina, for a two-day event on the Carolina's Pro Golf Tour at a course called the Palisades Country Club. The first round was today (Tuesday), and I really felt great. Palisades is a very visually intimidating golf course, but it actually offers quite a bit of room and a lot of short iron approaches into greens, so scores were quite good today. I hit 17 greens (and had an easy birdie putt from the fringe on the other hole) and shot a six-birdie, one-bogey round of 67 to stand in a tie for second place, two shots behind my best buddy Mikel Martinson. There are a lot of scores between 65 and 69, so tomorrow will be a very fun final round.

Tomorrow will be a great opportunity for me. I badly want to win, but I know that the best way to do that is to go out and take care of my business and not worry about what the players around me are doing. I obviously am starting to feel very good about my game, and if I can stay in the present and just do my thing tomorrow, I'm confident that it will be a good day. In any event, if I can stay relaxed and enjoy myself, I know that I will give a good performance. I will have a good attitude tomorrow!

Come back here for a great report from the final round and check out the results at www.carolinasprogolftour.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...