Friday, April 13, 2012

Ready for a Fun Final Round

I bounced back nicely with a solid third round at this week's Egolf event--the Championship at St. James. After feeling a bit off in a second-round 76, I played very solidly on day three on my way to a two-under-par score of 70. I had highlights in all areas of my game in the third round. For the first 10 holes, my ball-striking was really strong, but I couldn't get the putter going at all. I hit a couple of tee shots and iron shots that were slightly off in the last eight holes, but my short game was very good and I made a couple of nice 4-6 foot par putts. My two bogeys were the the result of particularly poor misses with my approach shots, but the Reserve Course here at St. James is very demanding, and having a bogey or two on the card is nothing of which to be ashamed. Though it definitely could have been several shots lower, I am very pleased with my third round.

There were some good scores shot in the third round, but as a whole, the field struggled on the very difficult course. My round actually has put me back on top of the leaderboard heading into the final round. Scores are very bunched up and many great players are around the lead, so the final round should be very exciting. I am pumped to be heading into with a one-shot headstart on everybody, and I know that if I stay relaxed, I can definitely win this tournament. My goal tomorrow, however, is not to win, but simply to have a good plan on every single shot and to execute that plan without worrying about the results every time. If I can do that, I know I will play well. I relish this situation, and I will be having fun all day. Come back for some great news and a thorough tournament summary in the evening. Thank you for following me and for your support!

www.egolfprofessionaltour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...