Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ready for U.S. Open Qualifier

I have had a very productive stretch of days leading into tomorrow's (June 3) Sectional Qualifier for the U.S. Open. I have been on site each of the past four days at Woodmont Country Club, and I feel well-prepared for the Qualifier. Woodmont is a fantastic 36-hole facility in Rockville, Maryland, and the qualifier will consist of one round each on the North and South courses. People here refer to the South Course as "the short course" and the North as the "Tournament course", but both are extremely demanding tests of golf. I have played here at Woodmont the past two years, and I very much enjoy the challenging nature of this venue. The odds seem daunting as more than 120 players will be vying for 8 spots in the this year's U.S. Open, but I know that if I play well, I can easily be one of the 8.

After a more-than two week departure from my typical schedule, I got back into a solid practice routine the second half of this past week. I did not complete all of fitness goals nor did I accumulate enough hours to meet my short game practice goal, but I did all of my putting work and finished all of my ball-striking sessions as well. I feel energized and ready to get back to full weeks of practice.

For now though, I am just feeling ready to qualify for the U.S. Open. I tee off at 7:22 tomorrow morning on the North Course for my opening round of the 36-hole day. I am going to be intelligently aggressive, commit to a good plan on every shot, stay positive, and play well! Come back for some good news late tomorrow evening! Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...