Tuesday, June 18, 2013

On to Raleigh with the Web.com Tour

Sunday did not go perfectly as planned at my first Web.com Tour event of the year, but I still played well. I was tied for 10th and just three shots behind the leader heading into the final round of the Air Capital Classic in Wichita, Kansas, and I truly thought that I was playing well enough to have a special day. It never quite materialized that way. I began my round with pars on the first 13 holes before finally getting something going with consecutive birdies on holes 14 and 15. Unfortunately, I finished the event very unglamorously with a lousy bogey on the 17th hole and a par on the very reachable par-5 18th. My final-round 70 (-1) gave me a nine-under-par total for the event and left me in a tie for 15th place. That is not the finish for which I was hoping heading into the weekend, but it certainly does indicate a solid performance for the week, and, most importantly, it allows me to move on with the Web.com Tour to this week's event in Raleigh, North Carolina. (The top 25 finishers at each week's Web.com Tour event are automatically awarded a spot in the next event, regardless of status.) So my goal of playing my way onto the Web.com Tour mid-year is very much intact.

This week's event is at the Tournament Players Club (TPC) at Wakefield Plantation. I had a great day of practice on the course today (Tuesday), and I feel like I can have another very successful week here. As usual, the tournament begins Thursday, and I will be ready to keep the good times rolling.

Keep it here for news during this exciting time. I will try to give nightly updates during the tournament. Thank you so much for following me and for supporting my career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...