Saturday, June 22, 2013

Moving Up the Board

I played well in the third round. A friend of mine is famous for saying, "you're only as good as your score, Malnati." There is definitely truth in that, but, man did I feel better than the three-under-par 68 I posted on Saturday! I am really hitting the ball nicely, and I feel like I am very close to playing a great round. As I said, I shot three under par in my third round, and that was nice, but given benign scoring conditions, it certainly wasn't a spectacular result. I played very solidly and hit a lot of greens in regulation. I made just one bogey. I simply couldn't get a birdie train started. When I would string together some nice shots consecutively, I could never capitalize with a key putt at the right time. I did hit two quality shots into the 18th hole and roll in a ten footer for a closing birdie, so I am confident that will carry over into Sunday's final round. My Saturday round moved me from a tie for 54th place at the beginning of the day into a tie for 31st place at the end of the day. I need to make another significant jump up the leaderboard on Sunday, and I feel like I am playing well enough do to just that. Come back for a quick update from the final round on Sunday afternoon and then a more thorough report early next week. Thank you for your support! 

1 comment:

  1. Is that the famous Charlie Schorgl quote? I have heard that a few times in my life :)

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...