Saturday, June 22, 2013

Moving Up the Board

I played well in the third round. A friend of mine is famous for saying, "you're only as good as your score, Malnati." There is definitely truth in that, but, man did I feel better than the three-under-par 68 I posted on Saturday! I am really hitting the ball nicely, and I feel like I am very close to playing a great round. As I said, I shot three under par in my third round, and that was nice, but given benign scoring conditions, it certainly wasn't a spectacular result. I played very solidly and hit a lot of greens in regulation. I made just one bogey. I simply couldn't get a birdie train started. When I would string together some nice shots consecutively, I could never capitalize with a key putt at the right time. I did hit two quality shots into the 18th hole and roll in a ten footer for a closing birdie, so I am confident that will carry over into Sunday's final round. My Saturday round moved me from a tie for 54th place at the beginning of the day into a tie for 31st place at the end of the day. I need to make another significant jump up the leaderboard on Sunday, and I feel like I am playing well enough do to just that. Come back for a quick update from the final round on Sunday afternoon and then a more thorough report early next week. Thank you for your support! 

1 comment:

  1. Is that the famous Charlie Schorgl quote? I have heard that a few times in my life :)

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...