Thursday, May 30, 2013

I'm Back!

Dear Loyal Followers,

To those of you who noticed that I took a long break from writing here on my blog, I have two things to say. First of all, thank you very much for taking an interest in my life and my career and caring enough to keep up with me. Secondly, I am truly sorry that I disappeared for more than two weeks without even a note to announce that I would be doing so.

I am great and am feeling better than ever right now. My heavy tournament schedule this year has not taken a physical toll on my body, but I definitely was starting to find myself bogged down a little bit mentally. I still love to play and practice and work on my game, but all of the off-the-course business associated with my job was wearing my out a little bit. Over the past three weeks, I have allowed myself to relax a little bit. During that time, I enjoyed a week off from competition and then had two of my best tournament performances of the year. Most importantly, I have been soaking up some quality time with the people to whom I am closest. It all has me feeling wonderfully refreshed, but now I am ready to get back to work.

So here is a bullet point version of the past 2+ weeks:

-I successfully advanced through the local round of U.S. Open Qualifying in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Monday, May 13.

-I had my best ball-striking week of the year and posted a four-round total of 25 under par at the NGA Tour's Cherry Blossom Classic in Georgetown, Kentucky, May 16-19. I held the lead throughout the final round, but eventually lost in playoff.

-I overcame a very very poor ball-striking performance in my pseudo-hometown NGA Tour event to finish tied for 8th in the Three Ridges Classic in Knoxville, TN, May 23-26.

-I failed in this week's Monday Qualifier for the Web.com Tour event in Potomac, MD.

During that stretch, I made very little progress towards any of my work goals and did even less work towards managing the business aspects of my golf career. I put in maximum effort towards my tournament rounds, but beyond that, I was soaking up some family time and recharging.

I am ready to go, now, though! Though I had some good tournament results during that more relaxed stretch, I know that my hard work and dedication to a solid routine have been the foundation for my steady improvement over the years, and I am ready to get back to work. I am going to give a whole-hearted effort to complete all of my work goals for this week, but starting next week (June 3), I am completely rededicating myself to my goals for the year. I feel rejuvenated, and I am ready to make big things happen.

I am currently near Washington, D.C. preparing for U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying. I am playing at Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Maryland. I know the course well and will get even more well-acquainted with it over the next few days. The qualifier is a 36-hole marathon next Monday, and you can bet that I'll be ready for it.

Thank you for following me, and thank you for caring about me and my career. Keep it right here for updates as I dive into bigger, better, and more exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...