Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mental Toughness in Round 1

I did not get off to a good start in the Web.com Tour's Rex Hospital Open in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had a beautiful warm-up session before my 8:50 tee time for Thursday's round, but I hit a pathetic diving hook into tall rough off of the 10th (my 1st) tee, and I was a bit shaky for quite a while after that. I bogeyed my first hole and dropped another shot on my third. I calmed down a little bit, but still didn't feel overly in control through the early and middle stages of my round. I hit a few good shots here and there, but a bogey on the par-3 second hole (my 11th), left me at two over par for my round and not in very good shape. I don't know why I was so out of sorts in the beginning of my round, and I'm also not sure what changed, but I stayed patient and kept believing in myself all day, and I eventually settled down. I hit a lot of good shots over the final seven holes of the first round and played them three under to post an opening-round 70 (-1). That is certainly not a great score on a day when scoring was quite good, but I have momentum rolling into Friday, and I am feeling great! Keep it here for another report after round 2. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...