Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mental Toughness in Round 1

I did not get off to a good start in the Web.com Tour's Rex Hospital Open in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had a beautiful warm-up session before my 8:50 tee time for Thursday's round, but I hit a pathetic diving hook into tall rough off of the 10th (my 1st) tee, and I was a bit shaky for quite a while after that. I bogeyed my first hole and dropped another shot on my third. I calmed down a little bit, but still didn't feel overly in control through the early and middle stages of my round. I hit a few good shots here and there, but a bogey on the par-3 second hole (my 11th), left me at two over par for my round and not in very good shape. I don't know why I was so out of sorts in the beginning of my round, and I'm also not sure what changed, but I stayed patient and kept believing in myself all day, and I eventually settled down. I hit a lot of good shots over the final seven holes of the first round and played them three under to post an opening-round 70 (-1). That is certainly not a great score on a day when scoring was quite good, but I have momentum rolling into Friday, and I am feeling great! Keep it here for another report after round 2. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...