Saturday, June 29, 2013

Exciting Saturday

My third round did not begin with the most encouraging scores. A nice par on the first hole gave way to a well-executed yet frustrating par on the second. Two quality shots left me 80 yards from the flag and in the middle of the fairway on the par-5 third hole. Facing an easy wedge shot, I completely bladed the ball some forty yards over the green into the water. I made a double bogey. I told myself that I was swinging well and that the poor wedge shot was an anomaly. I was right, and it showed. I stayed patient and positive and continued to hit good shots. The floodgates finally opened for me on the fifth hole. I made a putt from approximately 60 feet up a ridge on the fifth, and I proceeded to chip in twice and make a 25-foot putt over the next eight holes. I stood at one over par for the tournament when I reached the ninth tee box, and I was five under par when I walked off of the 13th green. That was an eagle-birdie-birdie-birdie-birdie stretch, and it was definitely exciting. I hit two great shots on the par-4 14th, but my four-iron approach didn't quite have enough oomph to reach the elevated green and I failed to get the pitch shot up and down. That bogey dropped me back to four under par, and that is where I finished after a very solid effort over the last four holes.

My Saturday round was a great comeback from a tough start. It was encouraging to see myself let go of the large blunder on the third hole and recover so quickly. I'm now in a good position to have a great finish. I'm going to be confident and trust myself in Sunday's final round. Come back for a great report in the evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...