Saturday, June 29, 2013

Exciting Saturday

My third round did not begin with the most encouraging scores. A nice par on the first hole gave way to a well-executed yet frustrating par on the second. Two quality shots left me 80 yards from the flag and in the middle of the fairway on the par-5 third hole. Facing an easy wedge shot, I completely bladed the ball some forty yards over the green into the water. I made a double bogey. I told myself that I was swinging well and that the poor wedge shot was an anomaly. I was right, and it showed. I stayed patient and positive and continued to hit good shots. The floodgates finally opened for me on the fifth hole. I made a putt from approximately 60 feet up a ridge on the fifth, and I proceeded to chip in twice and make a 25-foot putt over the next eight holes. I stood at one over par for the tournament when I reached the ninth tee box, and I was five under par when I walked off of the 13th green. That was an eagle-birdie-birdie-birdie-birdie stretch, and it was definitely exciting. I hit two great shots on the par-4 14th, but my four-iron approach didn't quite have enough oomph to reach the elevated green and I failed to get the pitch shot up and down. That bogey dropped me back to four under par, and that is where I finished after a very solid effort over the last four holes.

My Saturday round was a great comeback from a tough start. It was encouraging to see myself let go of the large blunder on the third hole and recover so quickly. I'm now in a good position to have a great finish. I'm going to be confident and trust myself in Sunday's final round. Come back for a great report in the evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...