Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Great Course, Great Challenge for This Week's Event

The NGA Tour is at a course called Cross Creek Plantation Golf Club this week for the Mountain Lakes Classic. Cross Creek is nestled in the hills in the northwestern corner of South Carolina in a town called Seneca. The star of the week for the this event is the golf course--particularly the putting surfaces and surrounding areas. The course is beautiful and features a lot of nice elevation changes, but hazards, trees, and some of the most undulating green complexes I've ever seen cause the beautiful setting to be anything but docile. The course demands precision thinking and execution into the greens. It is an extremely fun challenge, and I believe it plays right into my hands.

I have had two fantastic days of practice here at Cross Creek Plantation. I am hitting the ball well, and I feel like my short game and putting will be up to the challenge this week will present. I tee off at 12:30 on Thursday, and I will be ready to go!

This is going to be a fun tournament, and I am going to be composed and approach each shot with a "See it, Feel it, TRUST it" routine. Keep it here for post-round updates. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...