Friday, April 12, 2013

A Solid Round and One Great Shot in Round 2

The second round at this week's NGA Tour event was an interesting one for me. I felt good heading into the day, but knew that blustery afternoon conditions would cause the course to be difficult. I started with an excellent drive down the 10th fairway and hit a wedge just twenty feet behind the hole to give myself a decent look at birdie to start the day. Three putts later and I was off with a bogey. I wasn't daunted and stayed committed to each shot. I recovered well and got myself to one under par for my round heading into the reachable par-5 18th (my 9th) hole. I hit my only poor tee shot of the week and struggled to a bogey on the easiest hole on the course. So I made the turn at even par and quickly watched two good birdie opportunities slip away on holes one and two. I made a great birdie on the par-5 3rd hole, and felt good as I walked to the tee of the par-3 4th. The shot on the 4th was 148 yards to a back right pin with wind helping off the right. I decided to hit a nice full nine iron because I knew that a solid shot could not go long. I hit a beautiful high nine iron that started just right of the hole, landed about a foot short, and trickled into the right side of the hole for an ace. It was really cool! Unfortunately I made no more birdies in the closing five holes, but I still played solidly after the hole-in-one. I shot a second-round 69 (-3), to stand at seven under for the tournament. I am currently tied for fifth and just three shots back. It is going to be a fun weekend, and I am excited! Keep it here for reports from the action. Thank you for following me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...