Friday, April 12, 2013

A Solid Round and One Great Shot in Round 2

The second round at this week's NGA Tour event was an interesting one for me. I felt good heading into the day, but knew that blustery afternoon conditions would cause the course to be difficult. I started with an excellent drive down the 10th fairway and hit a wedge just twenty feet behind the hole to give myself a decent look at birdie to start the day. Three putts later and I was off with a bogey. I wasn't daunted and stayed committed to each shot. I recovered well and got myself to one under par for my round heading into the reachable par-5 18th (my 9th) hole. I hit my only poor tee shot of the week and struggled to a bogey on the easiest hole on the course. So I made the turn at even par and quickly watched two good birdie opportunities slip away on holes one and two. I made a great birdie on the par-5 3rd hole, and felt good as I walked to the tee of the par-3 4th. The shot on the 4th was 148 yards to a back right pin with wind helping off the right. I decided to hit a nice full nine iron because I knew that a solid shot could not go long. I hit a beautiful high nine iron that started just right of the hole, landed about a foot short, and trickled into the right side of the hole for an ace. It was really cool! Unfortunately I made no more birdies in the closing five holes, but I still played solidly after the hole-in-one. I shot a second-round 69 (-3), to stand at seven under for the tournament. I am currently tied for fifth and just three shots back. It is going to be a fun weekend, and I am excited! Keep it here for reports from the action. Thank you for following me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...