Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Great Day; Bum Result at the Monday Qualifier

I had one of the best ball-striking rounds of my career during the Monday Qualifier this week. Playing at Lantana Golf Club just north of Dallas, TX, I battled 25 mile per hour winds, and hit the ball more-than-well-enough to qualify. I posted a score of 73 (+1), and there was a playoff at 70 for the final qualifying position. I gave up a couple shots by messing up very easy chip shots and lost a couple more with very uncharacteristic three-putts. My short game was definitely a bit sloppy during that round, and that cost me qualifying for this week's Web.com Tour event, but I am still very pleased with the state of all areas of my game.

Despite a couple of very poor three-putts during the qualifying round, I feel great about my putting right now. I have been having some of my best putting practice of the year over the past couple weeks, and I feel very comfortable on the greens. My short game is feeling good, too, but I definitely have some work to do on my medium-range pitch shots. I have been having good short game practice lately, though, and I'm confident that part of my game is in good shape as well. As for my ball-striking, I am feeling as good as I ever have. I have played in some brutal winds my past few competitive rounds, and I have been hitting the ball extremely well. I found a little swing key last week, and I am growing more and more comfortable with it each day.

I am currently at the airport in Houston, Texas, on my back to the east coast for this week's NGA Tour event at Heritage Oaks Golf Club in Brunswick, Georgia. I am excited to have an event to play because I feel like I am ready to do something good!

The NGA event is Thursday-Sunday. Keep it here for reports throughout the week. Thank you for your support!

1 comment:

  1. BlueHost is ultimately the best web-hosting provider for any hosting plans you might need.

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...