Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Great Day; Bum Result at the Monday Qualifier

I had one of the best ball-striking rounds of my career during the Monday Qualifier this week. Playing at Lantana Golf Club just north of Dallas, TX, I battled 25 mile per hour winds, and hit the ball more-than-well-enough to qualify. I posted a score of 73 (+1), and there was a playoff at 70 for the final qualifying position. I gave up a couple shots by messing up very easy chip shots and lost a couple more with very uncharacteristic three-putts. My short game was definitely a bit sloppy during that round, and that cost me qualifying for this week's Web.com Tour event, but I am still very pleased with the state of all areas of my game.

Despite a couple of very poor three-putts during the qualifying round, I feel great about my putting right now. I have been having some of my best putting practice of the year over the past couple weeks, and I feel very comfortable on the greens. My short game is feeling good, too, but I definitely have some work to do on my medium-range pitch shots. I have been having good short game practice lately, though, and I'm confident that part of my game is in good shape as well. As for my ball-striking, I am feeling as good as I ever have. I have played in some brutal winds my past few competitive rounds, and I have been hitting the ball extremely well. I found a little swing key last week, and I am growing more and more comfortable with it each day.

I am currently at the airport in Houston, Texas, on my back to the east coast for this week's NGA Tour event at Heritage Oaks Golf Club in Brunswick, Georgia. I am excited to have an event to play because I feel like I am ready to do something good!

The NGA event is Thursday-Sunday. Keep it here for reports throughout the week. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...