Monday, April 1, 2013

Solid Week Last Week; New Commitment Going Forward

I played in my first final group of the year this past week at the eGolf Tour's Championship at St. James. I began the day with a good chance to win and held on to the belief that I could into the middle of the back nine, but I was just a little bit too sloppy to keep myself in the battle for the victory. After being one under par through three holes, I messed up on an aggressive play from a fairway bunker and made a double-bogey on the par-4 fourth hole. I followed that with a sloppy bogey on the fifth, but I was determined to stay in the tournament and keep a positive attitude. On holes six through nine, I gave myself great opportunities for birdie, but I didn't hit great putts, and managed to birdie only the par-5 seventh. Still, I felt I was playing well and had a chance to make a run at it on the back nine. That thought took a hit on the tenth when I blew a tee shot well right of the fairway and was forced to take a penalty drop. I went on to make another double-bogey there, but I still wasn't done fighting. I birdied the par-4 eleventh hole, and gave myself consecutive six foot putts for birdies on holes twelve and thirteen. I failed to convert either of those two birdie putts, and I knew that my chances at victory were pretty much gone. Still, I kept a great attitude and finished the round with commitment to each and every shot. I hit some good ones coming in and managed a nice birdie on the par-5 seventeenth hole, but a terrible swing from the fairway on the finishing hole resulted in a disappointing bogey. All of that culminated in a final-round score of 74 (+2) and dropped me down the leaderboard to finish in a tie for 7th place. I'm disappointed with that final-round score and my finish, but it is always great to be in the final group on the final day of a tournament, and I am pleased with the way I felt on the course during that final round. I definitely need to keep sharpening all areas of my game, and certain aspects of my game need some serious work, but all-in-all, I feel good and can tell that great things are coming!

By the way, I need to give a shout out to my two favorite girls for being a great cheering section for me this past week. My fiancé, Alicia, and my sis, Laura, were both with me, and we had a great week!

Now, to an alarming trend... I won't bore you with too many details of this, but I need to put this out there to help hold myself accountable. This Sunday concluded the twelfth week since I published my work goals for the year. It has been a challenging year so far from a weather perspective and also from a facilities perspective at a few events to be sure, but I have completed 100% of my work goals only five of the twelve weeks. Also, I created a new set of goals within my short game work called "tri-weekly" requirements for this year. I am 0/4 completing this section of my goals. I am one of the hardest working golfers in the world, but my work goals ensure that I am working intelligently and effectively. As of today, April 1st, (and this is no April Fool's joke) I am going to re-commit myself to all of my work goals and do a better job of finishing them. My work goals will help me achieve my outcome goals, and I am going to do both this year!

I am playing again this week at St. James Plantation. This week's event is a 54-hole eGolf Tour event at the Founder's Club. The tournament is Tuesday-Thursday, and I really enjoy this golf course. It should be a great week. Keep it here for practice and tournament reports.

Thank you very much for following and supporting my career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...