Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quick (but Good!) Final-Round Report

I'll give a more detailed final-round report and tournament summary in a couple of days, but I just wanted to quickly let you know what happened in Thursday's finale to the eGolf Tour's Founders Club Classic. The conditions resembled the famous scene from Caddyshack during which the preacher plays golf in the most vile wind and rain storm imaginable. Actually, the rain only came in torrents for brief moments at a time, but incredibly strong winds and light rain were a constant. My attitude was great all day, and despite being two over par through four holes, I remained confident. I played beautifully, and only made one major mistake in the brutal conditions. That mistake likely cost me two shots when I made bogey on the downwind and easily reachable par-5 11th hole, but even with that blunder, I posted a final-round score of 73 (+1) and jumped up the leaderboard to finish in a two-way tie for 6th place. I played the final seven holes of my round in one-under-par, and that was really a fantastic accomplishment given the conditions. I felt like I was in control in all aspects of my game, and I feel better now than I have all year. I have exciting things coming up, and I promise to reveal them to you, as well as give more details from this week's event, in my next post. For now, I'm off to bed! Thank you for following me, and please keep it here for more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...