Friday, April 26, 2013

Halfway Through the Gauntlet at Cross Creek

Cross Creek Plantation is winning this week's NGA event. There were a couple of very good scores posted in round two, but for the most part, this event is a battle of patience. Bad shots are incredibly damaging, mediocre shots are punished, and a lot of pretty good shots end up in tough spots, too. The green complexes require an incredible amount of thoughtfulness and precision. Birdies are extremely valuable and pars go a long way, too. I thrive in these type of conditions, and I am enjoying the challenge.

I can't really decide how I've played the past two days. I am having the best week of practice that I've had all year, and I'm feeling great about my game, but my results have been a little up and down in the tournament rounds. I do feel like I'm playing well, and I have hit a lot of quality shots, but I've also been a little sloppy and hit a couple of very poor shots. I was three over par through 14 holes on Thursday before birdieing two of my last four holes for a 72 (+1). In even tougher conditions on Friday, I played very solidly in the morning. I was two under par through 13 holes but finished with a double and two bogeys to post 73 (+2). That is a disappointing finish, and it stinks that it will knock me down the leaderboard quite a bit, but overall those scores are not that bad here.

I will be right in the middle of the pack heading into the weekend, and I feel like my game is in good enough shape to make a strong move. I'll keep you posted over the weekend! Thank you for following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...