Friday, April 26, 2013

Halfway Through the Gauntlet at Cross Creek

Cross Creek Plantation is winning this week's NGA event. There were a couple of very good scores posted in round two, but for the most part, this event is a battle of patience. Bad shots are incredibly damaging, mediocre shots are punished, and a lot of pretty good shots end up in tough spots, too. The green complexes require an incredible amount of thoughtfulness and precision. Birdies are extremely valuable and pars go a long way, too. I thrive in these type of conditions, and I am enjoying the challenge.

I can't really decide how I've played the past two days. I am having the best week of practice that I've had all year, and I'm feeling great about my game, but my results have been a little up and down in the tournament rounds. I do feel like I'm playing well, and I have hit a lot of quality shots, but I've also been a little sloppy and hit a couple of very poor shots. I was three over par through 14 holes on Thursday before birdieing two of my last four holes for a 72 (+1). In even tougher conditions on Friday, I played very solidly in the morning. I was two under par through 13 holes but finished with a double and two bogeys to post 73 (+2). That is a disappointing finish, and it stinks that it will knock me down the leaderboard quite a bit, but overall those scores are not that bad here.

I will be right in the middle of the pack heading into the weekend, and I feel like my game is in good enough shape to make a strong move. I'll keep you posted over the weekend! Thank you for following me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...