Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rough Week So Far But Plenty of Good Stuff

I know that I am very positive with the things that I publish on this blog. That is partly because I am trying to have a great attitude and find the good in everything, but in all honesty, I rarely have very much about which to complain or be negative. I would be lying, however, to say that I am excited by the way that I have been hitting the ball this week. The past few days have been a test from a ball-striking perspective, and I really am not happy with the way that I have been hitting it, but I am still very excited moving forward. Inconsistency with my longer shots has forced me to work very hard in the two matches that I have had this week, but my short game and putting have really been shining, so I will take great encouragement from that. I have some work to do to get back that "lovin' feeling" with my full shots, but I truly do believe that my game is rounding into shape very nicely.

I mentioned that I have had two matches so far this week. Despite hitting a lot of golf shots that let me know I am on the right track, my ball-striking has put me behind the eight-ball more often than it has helped me. The work that I have done on my wedge play, short game, and putting is really showing, though, and I have managed rounds of 72 and 69. Those scores are not good by any means, but both are okay scores for rounds that felt like a struggle. My play has been just good enough to eek out a tie in both matches.

I am going to have a great day of practice tomorrow (Friday) and then get back on the horse with matches scheduled for both days on the weekend. I will hit some balls with Bobbo tomorrow morning before having a thorough afternoon of practice by myself at Dandridge Golf Course. Though I have had great short game and putting practice again this week, I have some work to do over the next three days to complete all of my process goals. I will get them done, though!

My practice certainly has not been perfect this week. I would definitely like to be feeling better about my ball-striking, but I feel great overall and am confident that I am just one little feeling away from hitting it great. Everything else really does feel good. My fitness is as good as ever and continues to improve. I am feeling ready to get a great year of tournament golf started. A week-and-a-half more of strong preparation, and it will be go time! Keep it here for a report from my matches this weekend and a week-end summary. Thank you very much for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...