Sunday, February 19, 2012

Quick Summary from Tournament Week #1

I did not finish the year's first Egolf event with the weekend performance for which I was looking. I followed my disappointing third-round 77 with a final-round 75 that didn't look much better on paper. My final total of 4-over-par 292 for the tournament left me in a tie for 45th place. That is definitely not what I had in mind at the beginning of the week, but there is plenty about which to be excited. I will go into more detail about that in another post very soon, but for now I will just say that my comfort level on the course was quite good for the first event of the year and that I am very pleased with the way I hit the ball this week minus the third round. I am taking away from this event way more positive things than negative, and all-in-all, I would say it was a good first outing of the year.

I am pumped about the week that I had as well. I completed all of my process goals for the week, and really feel like I settled into a nice tournament routine very quickly. I have to iron out some kinks with my fitness work as I did have to count an extremely light "walk-jog" workout as a running day before Thursday's second round, but I am quite pleased with the fact that I maintained a solid workout schedule without interfering with my tournament play whatsoever. In terms of my practice, I feel like my process goals kept me on track very well this week. I had focused practice sessions before and/or after rounds, and with the exception of one poor session on Friday evening, I avoided my tendency to waste hours pounding balls aimlessly on the driving range. My short game and putting both seemed a bit off at times this week, so I am happy to say that I did good work on both areas late in the week. I feel like I managed my time fairly well for the first tournament of the year and am looking forward to using this week as a building block for my year.

Here's some great news: I don't have to wait long for redemption from my less than stellar weekend performance at Palmetto Hall. I will be staying in the Hilton Head Island area for the second Egolf tournament of the year this week at nearby Oldfield Golf Club. I will play a practice round Monday at the tournament's co-host, Chechessee Golf Club, and look forward to starting another great week. My game is ready to perform better, and I am pumped to get going. Keep it here for news from tournament week #2! Thank you for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...