Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Round 2 Awaits

There isn't a lot of positive news to report from my first round of this week's Egolf event. Playing at the Chechessee Creek Club, I made a few very sloppy swings and putted the ball very poorly as well. I hit enough good shots to manage four birdies, but I couldn't overcome the plethora of mistakes to post a decent first-round score. I ended the day with a 74 on the par-70 layout, and definitely have some work to do if I'm going to get back into the tournament.

I do want to focus on the positive. I had a great practice at Oldfield Golf Club (the tournament's host venue) following my morning round and am feeling poised to find that "lovin' feeling" in my second round. I spent hours on the practice green attempting to rekindle the great feelings that I typical have with my putter. I completed a couple of my putting drills and really feel like I made great progress. In addition, a quick session on the driving range seemed to clear up some of the sloppy swings that plagued me today. I feel like really good golf is hiding just beneath the surface of what I am currently putting forward. Tomorrow I am going to relax and enjoy myself and let that good golf come out.

I play just after lunch time at Oldfield for my second round. I am pumped and ready to get back into this tournament. Come back for a good report following the round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...